Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Star light, star bright

               It was dark that Friday, unseasonably so. Most people followed their usual pursuits. A few, however, were playing out roles that have been talked about for a long, long time. One in particular played such an important role that your three most asked for wishes could be fulfilled.
                For what do you wish? Are your wishes deeper than the materialistic possession of expensive items? Are what you wish for free? Does someone have to give them to you? Do you have the choice of receiving them, or not?  I cannot give them to you for they are not mine to give. However, I do have the choice to offer them to you. You have the choice of reaching out to accept what you will.
                The actions I take to present these choices to you aren’t selfish. They come from my heart, for I love you. However, I will not sacrifice my offspring that you understand better that love. That love is for you to find. Perhaps that is a wish of yours, to be loved unconditionally. Reach out to accept this, free.
                I have nothing to give you. Yet there is hope. Hope that your marriage will survive. Hope that your children will not die. Hope that the disagreement with your parents can be patched up. Hope that, no matter what you have done, you can begin anew from this day forward. Do you wish for hope? It is available, but only if you accept it.
                Have you wished for strife to leave? Have you been where you wish no one else would have to go? Do you wish for peace that you have been unable to find: peace of mind, peace of soul, peace of spirit? Perhaps you have searched for what the globe has to offer, and not yet been able to find true peace. The peace you desire is but a step away. To take that step is a choice that only you can make.
                There, I have offered you the three things that have been given to you from so long ago. I only found out about it when someone else showed me the way. Ponder this offer of love, hope, and peace. It has been given you by One who sacrificed His Son that you might have the desires of your heart. Should you choose to receive these gifts, reach out and accept them through the only One able to give them to you; the Son whose life was substituted for yours that you should not die, but have everlasting life. Jesus is His name. (John 3:16)
                Ponder this offer. Think of what the results might be. Will you not choose to accept what was willingly given to you? It could change your life.
                That’s my wish for you.

Warren Johnson
written Oct '99

No comments:

Post a Comment