My parents traveled a lot. One fall, when mom carried me, they determined a trip to their hometown took precedent. In the old days, the journey took several hours. Nowadays I suppose they would make it in thirty minutes, what with the road system improvements and all.
By the time they decided to go, the streets were full of
travelers. It slowed them down. Mom’s pregnancy didn’t seem to be an issue. I
tossed and turned, but nothing strange for an unborn. When they reached the
small farming community, they found an entire village homecoming. Everyone’s
cousins showed up.
Dad’s family owned a wonderful house, and he hadn’t
mentioned he and mom were coming. It created a bit of a tizzy. It came down to
a small area out back in a horse paddock office. It was comfortable under the
circumstances. Now and then, a horse snickered. Even the chickens seemed happy
to have someone stay the night.
Dad, always the provider, pulled the food out of his go-bag,
and they settled in for a quiet evening.
Mom’s water broke in the early morning hours, and not too
long after, I slid into a new world. My strong voice complemented my well-proportioned
body, small as it was. Dad found some sheets in a closet to help clean up the
afterbirth and amniotic fluid. I didn’t know those words back then. Mom suckled
me, and I enjoyed my first meal. It wasn’t long before I fell asleep. They laid
me in an opened bureau drawer.
News spread quickly. It wasn’t long before all the
neighboring farmers and ranchers stopped by to pay their regards. They’d seen
the light of the barn glowing. It led them to me. A couple of days later, more
visitors from a university showed up. They even brought me birthday presents.
Mom and dad were astounded at their generosity.
So many people heard about my arrival that I have newfound
brothers and sisters who help me celebrate my birthday, even today. Perhaps you
are one. Love, Jesus.
Merry Christmas
So enjoyed this post Mr. Warren. You painted me right into the story sir. Great job writer!
ReplyDeleteI also found it interesting today when I read a post describing the wise men as scholars and they found him not at a stable, but at a home. Thanks for the kindness, sir.
DeleteEnjoyed your Christmas post, Warren. At least your college visitors (scholars) didn't have to ride camels. Merry Christmas, sir!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Ms Katherine. I think they sailed. Lol
DeleteThank you, Ms Katherine. I think they sailed. Lol
DeleteThank you, Ms Katherine. I think they sailed. Lol
DeleteThank you, Ms Katherine. I think they sailed. Lol
DeleteThank you, Ms Katherine. I think they sailed. Lol
Delete