Wednesday, March 31, 2021

God, repeatedly...

 30 March 1863

"...rest humbly in the hope authorized by the Divine teachings, that the united cry of the nation will be heard on high and answered with blessing no less than the pardon of our national sins and the restoration of our new divided and suffering country to its former happy condition of unity and peace."

There are those who realize history repeats itself. There are those who realize the trials of history stem from a rebellious lot falling away from the Spirit of love, peace, and a sound mind guaranteed by God if only we'd go back to Him.

This passage from Abraham Lincoln should sound like it came from your preacher last Sunday, or yesterday. Read it today and consider how far we've fallen. Then pick yourself back up and get back on the trail of God's love. Never been there? See John 3:16.

2 comments:

  1. While reading President Lincoln's quote, it hit me that in 1863, we were in the midst of our Civil War; and hope for peace was waning. I too see ourselves in this same state; as our nation (and the world) has become so polarized that any "middle ground" has been abandoned by so many. I am learning, albeit slowly it seems at some times, to embrace my heavenly citizenship over my earthly citizenship. Perhaps when I can do that, I'll find the peace needed to withstand the trials we face today. God's blessings Mr. Warren.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m with you, JD. I’ve been learning more about God’s grace and how I might be able to live according to His will. It’s a joyful trip when I do it. The quote I picked out of The Patriots Bible. It’s full of God quotes and passages of various Americans.

    ReplyDelete