Is God done with you?
The man standing on the stage related his
near mortal gunshot wound to his head. After telling of the rescue,
redemption and restoration of his body, he ended with these words. “If
you’re not dead, God’s not done with you yet.”
We experienced the
death of our grandson in a one-car accident. The nineteen year old and
his fiancé looked forward to a life together. Now she mourns for the man
who loved her.
During the funeral service, many stood to speak
of the influence Caleb demonstrated in their lives. One young classmate
of his said, “He was that guy.” She explained how the boy always
exhibited excellence and often called others to the same level.
As
I sit contemplating his life, I can’t help but wonder if God
accomplished through Caleb’s short time all He planned for the young
man. The girl may have given a hint.
Caleb talked to anyone who
would listen. If you gave him the chance, he’d tell you all about his
plans, his experience, his music, and his love. I will forever ask
myself if I could live up to Caleb’s character.
Can such a loss
be counted on the positive side of the scale? I trust God used him to
his fullest potential while he was on earth. The family continues to
mourn, but we have the trust and faith God finished His work, and now
celebrates a new musician in the heavenlies.
Do you have such a
loss in your life? Can you find peace in knowing the Lord celebrates
such character, even when there was a bright future here?
Our
family knows Caleb’s unique life granted by God had a purpose. It’s our
hope your experience with your version of our Caleb will lead you to the
power of God in your life.
Sunday, January 31, 2021
Is God done with you?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment