Tuesday, April 28, 2015


April Showers…a time of Prayer

Catskill Mountain Christian Center (CMCC) offers great opportunities to pray corporately. It’s something that you add to your prayer life in order to augment and complete God’s will in your life. You never know when God will speak to you, so participating in this program opens the comm link in a different way than private prayer does. And, corporate prayer, where two or more are gathered in His Name, offers the distinct advantage of being in unity with others. Praying in unity releases more of God’s power available to handle your petitions.

For instance, today during the noon session I was presented with an image of a very large ear. Probably because the Holy Spirit wanted me to sense that this was the ear of God. Why, LORD, do you show me your ear?

Do you know that God hears your prayers? He does. His Word says so. You are unique and made in His image. You also have ears, made in His image. Do you know what He uses His ears for? That’s right; listening to you. What do you use your ears for?

I sit under the leadership of Pastor Robert Engelhardt. It is my choice. I recognize that his leadership takes me closer to the will of God in my life. You see, I am hard of hearing, both physically and spiritually. Physically the technicians tell me that I comprehend only thirty to forty per cent of what is said. If only my perception of God’s voice in my life were that high!

What I know from nearly twenty years of experience with Pastor Bob is that he hears God’s voice. This is evident in Pastor’s life and in his teaching. When you sit, and listen I might add, through the weekly messages he brings to the CMCC church body, you will soon discover how closely he listens for that still small voice of God.

So, here’s your challenge. Start listening. Use your ears. Use them both privately and corporately. Pray out loud, but leave space for God to speak to you.
This post is a call to the members of the Catskill Mountain Christian Center in Margaretville, NY. However, you might consider participating wherever you are. Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment